Electrical Safety Training
Many companies provide their workers with training classified as awareness training of the hazards. However, this may not provide the level of training activities that OSHA requires to perform a specific task. Federal OSHA regulations define a “Qualified Person” as
“One who has received training in and has demonstrated skills and knowledge in the construction and operation of electric equipment and installations and the hazards involved.”
Our firm offers comprehensive training services to assist customers with providing a safe workplace for personnel working on electrical systems. Our training aims to develop and provide training customized to the customer’s needs, job tasks, and the skill sets of their employees. Our training incorporates the OSHA regulations, NFPA 70E requirements, and applicable best work practices.
The demonstrated skills and knowledge portion of the MES training is absent in many electrical safety programs. MES provides technical guidance to assist companies to develop criteria, protocols, and documentation that could be utilized to evaluate and classify a worker as “qualified” for a specific task.
Some of our areas of focus include:
- Provide electrical safety training in the following areas:
- Electrical safety awareness training
- Electrical safety training for supervisors
- Electrical safety training the workers
- Working on or near live parts
- Voltage testing
- Personal protective equipment
- Electrical safety auditing
- Guidance to assist the company with criteria, protocols, and documentation to determine if the worker is qualified to perform a specific task
- Guidance in providing safe work practices utilizing NFPA 70E Requirements
BATTERY ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEM (BESS)
As the world’s demand for more extensive energy storage grows, so too does the need to comply with regulatory and consensus standards when building BEE systems to be intrinsically safe.
and integrate electrical strategies that are both practical and safe for the worker(s), including the First Responder. Be it in the manufacturing space during the construction of the cell(s), module, or rack, the transferring of systems to the quality control area for testing and energizing or transporting them within the facility or worldwide. Ensuring electrical SAFETY in the workplace is paramount for today’s BESS and ESS systems.
Servicing and Maintenance of:
- UPS – Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Solar Panel – cleaning and replacement
- Battery – Storage both active non-active environments